City Circle Acting Company will hold auditions for the musical Xanadu on Saturday, July 26 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Coralville Public Library. Please fill an audition form out online to schedule an audition time. Walk-ups are always welcome but we honor scheduled times first.
Performances are October 10-19 at the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts. Chris Okiishi is the director.
Come audition for the musical comedy event of the fall! All the great music from the TERRIBLE 80s movie, but with a fresh, new, actually coherent script!
Featuring the music of the Electric Light Orchestra, the Tubes, Olivia Newton-John, and Gene Kelly (yes, that Gene Kelly), this musical is a mash up of Greek Mythology and 80’s Disco culture. Think Percy Jackson meets Donna Summer. Or Clash of the Titans meets Saturday Night Fever. Or Hercules meets Can’t Stop the Music. Whatever.
Rolls available for a wide variety of singer-actors including:
- 4 muses (two men, two women): ages 16 – 35. Some dance skill. Strong voices and comic chops. One must be able to do a good Maggie Smith impersonation.
- 2 “mature” muses: ages 25 – 60. Big voices. Strong comic chops. Ability to be comically evil.
- One young adult man: strong voice, some roller-skating ability.
- One young adult woman: strong voice, fake-sounding Australian accent, at least competent roller-skating ability.
- One older adult man: 55 – 80. Strong comic chops. Good character signing voice.
- Some chorus parts may be available.
- Some pit-singing parts may be available.
Please bring a short comedic monolog (less than 1 minute) and one verse / chorus of an 80s pop song. Sheet music in the correct key is required.
Contact director Chris Okiishi, firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to see a perusal script.